Wednesday, November 28, 2012

HMoA Drawing Class 11-26-12 - Kat


Another Drawing class at the Honolulu Art Academy. Kat was the model this week and I have had some good luck with her in the past. She is really fun to draw.

Above is my favorite of the night. It was the second 20 minute pose of the night with four 2 minute gesture drawings. I was on fire that night. I remember being shocked when the 5 minute warning bell came it because I was doing great on time. Which is a rare and  a great feeling to have in a 20 minute pose.

After I finished one of the other people in the class said, "The Girl with the Pearl Earring." pointing at the portrait. I laughed and can see the resemblance. This gesture drawings in the back are also pretty awesome.


This is the two 5 minute poses with the 10 minute pose. I am unsure how good this picture is. I like the figure on the left though.


This is the first 20 minute pose with two 2 minute gestures. Instead of burnt sienna like normally i used a green to start the drawing. I then did the lights in yellow ocher. I do like some things about this drawing. I really like the hand. Though I think it can be cropped...


It looks much better in this layout.


Last pose of the night. I like how this one came out. I needs a little more work, I may come back to it later.

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment