Wednesday, November 14, 2012

HMoA Drawing Class 11/13/12 - Kat


The model for the drawing class was Kat. I had a pretty good night. 

Above is three 2-minute gestures with the second 20 minute pose of the night. There is a nice flow to the page.

I did a horizontal page mainly because it looks so much better on the site. I am noticing a real difference in the quality of my gesture drawings from pose 1 to pose 10. I take the first couple poses to get into the groove so the later poses and pages tend to look much better. That all being said, my only regret is I started the gesture drawings with the horizontal page


This is two 2-minute gestures, the two 5-minute drawings and a 10-minute pose of her torso. Kat has a really long slender torso, so it is a lot of fun to draw. I wanted to get more of the pose down, but there was some rough foreshortening in her thigh and arm.


I am on the fence on this drawing. Kat obviously had a rough time holding this pose.  There was a really pretty twist in her neck and lower torso. As the pose continued, she slowly untwisted. The end result was she slowly moved throughout the 20 minutes. I really tried to adapt to the variation in the pose but there are some details that are really noticeable to me. However, the guy who ran the class really liked this page and took a photo for the weekly newsletter.

The gesture drawing to the left is one of my favorite gestures in a while.


Last pose of the night was the reclining pose. I thought I did pretty good with it.

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment