Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Forms in the Ink III


So this is another in my series of Forms in the Ink: A set of abstract monotype prints in black and red.

There is a landscape format to this piece that I find rather interesting. I also enjoy the arch-shape that descends through the center of the page. The shape is first created by the ink. As it enters the center of the page, it is then created through the positive shape of the colored pencil. Its end being made by the negative shape of the ink and colored pen.

This is an interesting print. I had a little difficulty deciding what to do with it. The water on the print created a flower petal like shapes near the top of the print that I really enjoyed.

I tried to make my additions with the colored pencils look similar to the marks made with the print. I find this to be a neat exercise in composition and form.  I also find that a lot of the changes I made are very subtle and blend nicely with the print.
 
"Love is a constant source of inspiration, surprise, and wonderment."

No comments:

Post a Comment