Sunday, February 3, 2013

Zwick Studio - 02/02/13 - Honey - Day 4


Day 4 of this painting. It is progressing very nicely.

It is the second day of color.

I was really intrigued with trying to differentiate the areas of her body that are regularly exposed to the sun and the parts that were not. Trying to capture the difference in color in her face and arms while making her torso look paler by comparison.

The half tones, the grays in the highlights and shadows, are looking very nice in this painting. Though I may have over done it a little.

I am happy with the progress on this painting though I am a little disappointed that we have to wait two weeks to complete it.

However I am going to make the most of this opportunity. I want to trade out the pedestal Honey is leaning on with something else. I am thinking at the moment a Fu Dog. Though an Olmec Colossal Head might also be fun. Any other ideas?

Zwick Studio is located at 1041 Maunakea St. Honolulu, HI, 96817. His open studio is on Saturdays from 10am to 1pm. There is a $15 class Fee.  www.williamzwickart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment