Friday, August 30, 2013

HMoA Drawing Class 08/26/13 - Sergio

Sergio: 5 minute pose 02, Ink on Paper, 9"x12".

This week Sergio was the model. I have really wanted to work more with the Tombow pens. I have really liked the effect I have been able to get with them. I really like how much work I am able to get done within the short poses.

Above is one of my favorite drawings of the night. It was the second of the 5 minute poses. I was really impressed with this sketch. There is a neat feeling with the shapes I was able to capture. I am liking the way I have used the three colors to create the various forms of the figure. It is creating a nice mood to the piece.

Sergio: 5 minute pose 1 , Ink on Paper, 9"x12".

This was the first of the first of the 5 minute sketches. Again I am having a lot of fun seeing what I can get done in these sketches.

Below I have the gesture drawings from that day. I do like some of them very much. 

Sergio: Gesture 01, Ink on Paper, 9"x12".

Sergio: Gesture 02, Ink on Paper, 9"x12".
This is one of my favorites of the night. I am really surprised how much I was able to get done in the two minute time period. Crouched figures are always a little difficult because of the length of the torso and the legs and getting that proportion right.

Sergio: Gesture 03, Ink on Paper, 9"x12".

Sergio: Gesture 04, Ink on Paper, 9"x12".

Sergio: Gesture 05, Ink on Paper, 9"x12".
This is another of my favorite gesture drawings of the night.  I did manage to get a lot done and the figure looks surprisingly complete. I think the pose in this case added to it as my view of it was pretty simple.

Sergio: Gesture 06, Ink on Paper, 9"x12".

Sergio: Gesture 07, Ink on Paper, 9"x12".
"Be yourself. The world worships the original." 
~ Ingrid Bergman

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful work, Richard. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete