Saturday, November 9, 2013

HMoA Figure Drawing 11/04/13 - Shilo - Long Poses

Shilo - 11/04/13 - Page 2, Mixed Media on toned Paper, 18"x24"

I decided to go back to working with the oil pastel this week. I am drawing on top of older drawings that I am not all that happy with. I am working on a pretty heavy duty paper so it's able to take the repeated abuse I inflict upon it. I used two pages that night.

Above is a magenta page that I used for the second and third pages. There is a lot happening in this page.

Shilo - 11/4/13 - Gesture 6, Ink on Paper, 9"x12"
I initially did not like this pose, although a couple days later I added the black lines and it made a lot of difference to the figure. Simple changes can do so much to the over all drawing.

Both of these pages I think will need more work.

“You might as well ask an artist to explain his art, or ask a poet to explain his poem.
 It defeats the purpose. The meaning is only clear thorough the search.” 
~ Rick Riordan


No comments:

Post a Comment