Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Classwork- History/Compositon - Day 2 - Rayne

Rayne-09/08/15-Pose 2 , Watercolor, 11"x15"

"Are you going to work from the model today?" A classmate asked me.

"Of course," I said simply, "I always work from a model if given a choice."
 
Day 2 for History/Composition. We got to see some of my classmates work and I was impressed not only with the dedication but the commitment to ideas that I saw.

I was ill-prepared for class today. I forgot my watercolor at home so I had to run out to the store and buy a tube of burnt sierra and cobalt blue.

So fresh tube of paint in hand I began to paint furiously. I had a little trouble on the first pose. The painting above was second pose of the class.

I exaggerated the pose a bit to make it a bit more dynamic. I managed to pull a lot more range of tones in the flesh in this painting. I really like this painting.  There is a nice mood to it.

Rayne-09/08/15-Pose 1 , Watercolor, 11"x15"

Above is the first pose of the class. It's okay overall, but there are some problems.

I don't like how static the pose is. It is a little stiff and I have some areas of the body that need a bit of resolution. I think got a little distracted by the face in this painting. Is is resolved well but it is at the expense of the rest of the body. I wish I defined the chair shape a little more. It's a little amorphous, in a distracting way.

I was not able to get a varied a range of tones into the figure of the pose. I think I was getting used to the two color painting. It takes a bit to get used to, but this was a great warm-up.

Overall, this was a great session with Rayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment