Sunday, March 27, 2011

Drawing of Flowers in a Vase

"Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day - like writing a poem or saying a prayer." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh


I had a lot of fun with this drawing. First of all I drew it as a part of a drawing class I took in Italy. The exercise was really about playing with materials and media. This is a large drawing, about 3'5" by 5'2" (The actual measurement is in Cm).


I started the assignment by arranging the still life, then quickly applying the white wash on the right side of the painting. I then began with a drawing in various colors of conte I really wanted to give a range of completion for the piece. Some of the flowers are very well rendered and utilize many different colors while others are simple drawings. I really like how the large open flower on the left came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment