Thursday, April 21, 2011

Danielle Monotype




"Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns 
in order to look at things in a different way."
~
Edward de Bono

So last week I went out to the IOOF Cabins in Laie. In days gone by, the isolated Laie was a sanctuary. Riding to the North Shore of Oahu and staying there next to the ocean is a real treat of beauty and peace.

I took the opportunity and space to work on some new Monotype Prints. As I rework them, I will begin to post them here.

So I reworked this one with a portrait of Danielle.

I really like how the drawing seems to fade into the ink of the print itself. The lines and shapes of the Monotype Print seem to cut across the portrait. Its looks almost like the portrait was part of the ink of the Monotype, then I began to scratch into the ink for the print.

No comments:

Post a Comment