Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Dad's Buddy, Nick


"The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life."
~ William Wordsworth


So I had an Odd Fellows Meeting on Tuesday and as always meetings are code for drawing time. This time I drew one of my Dad's friends, Nick. This painting actually came out really nice and I am very proud of it.

Nick is a very down-to-earth guy. He is the one who collected scores of bottle corks for me when I said I wanted to make various crafts out of them. He also collects a large amount of soda caps that my dad slowly turns in for Coke rewards. He apparently walks daily and collects the soda and beer bottles he finds on the road for recycling. Not to mention he has always been incredible nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment