Sunday, April 3, 2011

Man Discretely Checking his Cell Phone


"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."
~
Pablo Picasso

So I spent this weekend in a training meeting for work. As normal, I take the opportunity to get some good drawing time in. So here we have a fellow co-worker getting in some serious cell phone time. He was trying to be discrete by using his body and the table as a wall, but he obviously was on it for sometime as I was able to complete a candid drawing of him.


There are a lot of good details in this painting. I love how the t-shirt came out. I have been trying to be more careful with the watercolor pencil recently. When I return to an unfinished piece, the burnt sierra just takes over the drawing sometimes. I may have to switch to a lighter color for the initial sketches. Possibly a yellow ocher, as it will make for a hearty initial sketch and allow for more expression in the watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment