Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Little Mountain Book 25-28


So this is the last of this sketch book.

We took a trip to Koko Head this weekend and I did the above drawing of the Koolau Mountains from the top.  It came out rather nice, I like how some of the watercolors pooled near the center of the page.

Like rain... and inspiration.


This is the entrance of Hanauma Bay, a popular snorkling spot that is located along the southeast coast of Oahu about a half-hour drive from Waikiki. My watercolor is the view as seen from the top of Koko Head.

I am not really happy with this above drawing. I had a difficult time capturing the water along the edge of the shore. This is the first time I did a shoreline watercolor and the water crests are a little tricky.

On the other hand, here are two from my hike up Ka'au Crater. The one above is overlooking Kailua. Is there anything more beautiful than Windward Oahu, my hometown?


This last one was from the climb down Ka'au Crater looking at the back of Palolo Valley. My grandparents grew up in Kaimuki, near Palolo Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment