Tuesday, November 27, 2012

2012 Koolau - Koolau from Kaneohe District Park


I have been painting mountains closer to my house recently. This is the neighboring ridge to my house. The painting above is painted in the afternoon during a cloudy day. The cloud's diffused light made all the purple colors.


Above is the same ridge painted early, in a clear morning. The light was a little softer then I made it. However, I was really happy with how I was able to plan this painting out. It was a really good exercise in watercolor planning. I utilized both my fountain pens, marking the highlights in red and the deep shadows in brown.

The effect looks pretty neat... I may have to try it a few more times.

"Watercolor condenses time and consolidates experience."
~Frank Marcello

No comments:

Post a Comment