Friday, November 9, 2012

IOOF - Mary


Another watercolor from an Independent Order of Odd Fellows meeting.

This is Mary, she is responsible for coordinating our involvement with IHS, the Institute for Human Services, the local homeless shelters. She has in the past done clothing and linen drives for IHS as well as organizing days for us to work in the kitchen.

This is a really good likeness of her. I didn't know her name till last week's meeting. However, I just showed the other lodge members her picture, and they came up with her name in a flash. It made me feel pretty good.

Art as a vehicle to connect folks. I like it.

This is a watercolor with the base sketch done in yellow watercolor pencil. I am liking the warm glow that the pencil gives the figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment