Monday, December 10, 2012

Wall Mural - First Cherry Blossoms



It's been rainy on the windward side. So it's been hard to photograph artwork for the site.

Looking through other work I have done, this piece jumped out at me. Amazing that I have not already posted it.

Danielle's apartment has a sliding door in it. I got commissioned to paint something on the sliding wall.

I wanted it to look like a Japanese print. My joke was it was going to be an interpretation of "The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife" (Wikipedia link NSFW).

I worked from an image Danielle found that she wanted it to look like. I was rather successful, here is the image on the wall.   


As I post this online, it is very clear that the next time I'm in North Carolina there is a mural to be done on on my mom's wall too.

"Go for it baby! Life ain't no dress rehearsal." 
~ Tallulah Bankhead

No comments:

Post a Comment