Friday, April 5, 2013

HMoA Figure Drawing - 04/01/13 - Catelin


Monday drawing at the Honolulu Art Academy. Catelin was the model she has such a fun face to draw.

So above is my favorite of the night. This is the ten minute pose with the two fives fading in it. The colors from the previous poses are leaking though the portrait in such a nice way. The quickness of the pose also reads nicely.


I also love this sketch. The splatter in the back was me playing with the ink. I love the effect it creates. Again the speed of the drawing is evident and I do like that. I also really like the blue arm-- it is reading nicely against the red wash.


I think this was the least successful drawing of the night. I think it has more to do with my dislike of side views of reclining poses, then it being a bad drawing. I eagerly wait to see what this page springboards to.


So last week I did a neat pose of a model reclining and her hands and head. Over that drawing I did this of Catelin's feet as she laid down.

Catelin made the comment after the pose saying, "It looks like how I feel in the morning, a bundle of arms and feet." It is starting to look really neat.

"Ua ola loko i ke aloha

Love gives Life within."
~ Hawaiian Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment