Friday, June 7, 2013

HMoA Figure Drawing 06/03/13 - Kat


This Monday was drawing at the Honolulu Art Academy. Kat was the model and as always she is a lot of fun to draw.

Above is my favorite of the night. There is a nice tightness to the drawing that I like. Kat had her legs up on a stool for this pose but I knew that I would not be able to finish the drawing if Ii included her legs. It was one of those pretty, but really difficult, poses to capture in 20 minutes.

I made the joke that because her eyes are open, the drawing looks like a Law and Order victim. I do like the purple cloth underneath her; it is making a nice contract between the yellow in her skin tone.


This is the 10 minute pose over an earlier drawing.  The page is not done, but this drawing is a nice addition to it.



This is one of the drawings I am on the fence about. It is a nice drawing, and an  interesting pose, but with no hands or faces, it is kind of simple. By simple,  I mean that I should have been able to do more with the drawing. It is not my favorite of the night.


This page needs some work. As I was drawing the face I got a real Picasso vibe from the way I handled the pastel.  The outline was looking like how he drew some of his ladies. I softened up the outline and think there may be something in this pose. Let me spend a few hours on it and see what I get.

"If you add something to a painting, never let it be for aesthetic reasons. 
Only let it be for reasons of expression." 
~ Asger Jorn

No comments:

Post a Comment