Saturday, November 24, 2012

HMoA Drawing Class 11-19-12

 
Monday was another drawing class at the Honolulu Art Academy. The model was new and this was her first time modeling. I didn't catch her name. I will try to catch it next class.

I didn't have that good of a night. Above was what I think was the best of the night. I do really like the left hand-- how the drawing behind it looks, and the tone underneath, creating that hand and arm. It is a really successful drawing.


Above is the first pose of the night. It is three gesture drawings and one 20 minute pose. I had a difficult time with this pose. Although I like the body in this pose, the face looks a little over worked.


This was the second 20 minute pose of the night. She took a reclining pose and I got low on the ground to draw this one. I think it is pretty good, though again, foreshortened poses like this are difficult to do in 20 minutes. 


This is three 2 minute gestures, two 5 minute gestures and the one ten minute pose. I do like the two figures that are visible although I disliked the third figure so much I drew over it. I may have to add a few more figures to this page at another class.

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee.

"Artists get better by sharpening their skills or by acquiring new ones; 
they get better by learning to work, and by learning from their work."
 ~ David Bayles

No comments:

Post a Comment