Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Aunty Rene


This is a portrait of Rosemarie's mother who we all call Aunty Rene.

She has been so much fun to have around. She is in town before she heads off to watch the Merry Monarch Festival.

I did this drawing while the students were bowling. It is not my best, but I like some things about it. I like the accessories she was wearing. The two necklaces and the hat with the feathered band.

She is 100 percent Portuguese, so some of her behaviors and sayings remind me of my Mom's family, who are also Portuguese. I am finding it a neat experience.

Today was her birthday and I gave her this drawing a present. She thanked my profusely.


“My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, 
it's that you can't give up on your family, 
no matter how tempting they make it.” 
~ Rick Riordan

No comments:

Post a Comment